LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Remembering Henrietta.....

On December 6, a light went out in a small town in Minnesota. Unremarkable, really, unless you were lucky enough to know the source of that light: my aunt, Henrietta.

Henrietta was a quiet, constant presence in my life. Always smiling, always supportive. She had a vast network of friends, and the ability to put people at ease no matter what the situation. No matter how brief your meeting, she would remember you. And you would remember her. She was unforgettable.

Henrietta checked on me regularly during my fibroid saga, as that was something we had in common. I think she was the only person in my circle who really understood what I was dealing with. After my surgery, I asked my family and friends to let me recoup for a few weeks before stopping by. Henrietta came anyway, bringing flowers and offering support. I was very glad she came.

It's impossible to imagine the holidays without my aunt. Saturday night, Walker and I took Diva to a city park to see the displays of holiday lights. One display pretty much said it all. "I love you all dearly; now don't shed a tear. I'm spending Christmas with Jesus this year!" I think it was very fitting that it was done in lights.

Rest in peace, Henrietta. We miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment