LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, August 7, 2009

Back to School

It's amazing how small my world has gotten. I don't think I've been farther than a mile or two from home for the last few weeks. I see the mailman, the USP guy, and some people who share my last name. I take walks around the block. I spend a few minutes here and there in the garden. Once in a while I spend a few minutes chatting with a neighbor. I used to think it would be great to work from home. Now I'm not so sure. I think I could easily get lost in my own little world.





My mom and I took Diva shopping for back to school. It was a little early, IMO, but we had time and coupons, so what the heck. I can't believe Diva's in second grade already. Sometimes I expect to turn around and see a chubby toddler standing there. She's growing up sooooo fast.

I used to love back to school time. We always got new outfits - even shoes! - and fresh desk supplies. New boxes of crayons and bright pink erasers.....when I got older, I discovered Seventeen magazine. My oldest sister and I would read it together, in the back yard, while we baked in the sun. I actually believed I could ace the school year if I just followed Seventeen's tips. For years after I graduated, I still picked up a Seventeen every August. Just to reminisce.


No comments:

Post a Comment