LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

The Great Dinner Experiment hit it's first glitch tonight. After working a double shift last night, I slept in this afternoon and got up later than usual. I pulled a casserole from the freezer, stuck it in the oven, and hopped into the shower thinking how nice it was to have dinner all planned out. By the time I finished getting ready for work it would be done. Perfect!
Uh, well.....not so much. It was in the oven for over an hour. It smelled fantastic and looked perfectly toasted on top. Unfortunatly, the middle was still a frozen block of ice. We tried nuking it but that didn't have much of an impact. With time running short, we finally scooped some onto plates and nuked them that way. It was delicious, but I only had ten minutes to gulp it down before I had to leave for work.
Next time I'll make this in a shallow cake pan rather than a deep casserole, and I'll try to remember to put it in the fridge before I go to bed. Over all, though, our experiment has been a success so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment