LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Quality Time

Diva is spending the week with her Gramma, my mom.  Normally she'd be sleeping here tonight, since I don't have to work, but I'm so far behind on things I told her we could have a sleepover on another weekend. I really need to catch up on my housework and get my medical bills in order before tax time.  This week and next will be crazy busy at the office so this weekend was my best chance.  It's hard for me to say no to Diva, especially  now.  Spending time with that kid is my favorite thing to do, and I feel like our play dates have been too few and too far between lately.  We both need some quality time together.

With that in mind, when Diva called me after supper to ask me to take her to see the holiday lights at a local park, I didn't have to think twice.  Fifteen minutes later I was bundled up and on my way.  We drove through the display, then parked the van and walked through it.  Of course we had to stop for some hot chocolate, as we do every year.  The only problem with that is, every time I tried to take a photo of this kid, she had the cocoa cup in her face:


It makes me just a little sad to see this little girl, who used to have to be lifted into Santa's sleigh, now climbing in easily on her own.  At least she still believes in Santa, though I'll be surprised if that's still the case next Christmas.  Ah well....for now, she's still my little girl.



1 comment: