LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Better Now

First of all, thank you, my friends, for all your advice and support.  Hard to believe something as simple as a headache can make you feel so miserable.  I don't often get sick.  I guess I'm not very good at it, LOL.  I still have some residual head-achey-ness, but I would call it a two or a three, rather than the seven or eight of the last couple days.  The pounding has stopped.  I'm pretty confident that a good night's sleep will wipe out the rest of it.

Ernie seems to be doing better, too.  I made her a scrambled egg and she snarfed it down, so I waited a bit and made her another one.  She eats a bit, naps a bit, eats a bit more.  She doesn't seem to mind her eggs getting cold. She's been more active today than the last couple days. 

We're due for more freezing rain, which is doubly scary considering all the  fools folks on the road for New Year's Eve.  Walker and I are mostly staying home.  We're making Miss Diva some fondue, since she didn't get to try it during our Holidazzle weekend earlier this month.  Then I think we're taking her to the early fireworks show, then, who knows?  What I know for sure is that we won't be club hopping.  Those days, thankfully, are behind us.  Oh, it was fun at the time, but I'm not 21 anymore and no longer see the appeal of standing around an overcrowded bar, waiting twenty minutes for a drink and thirty minutes for the restroom, holding my coat the whole night because there is no place to put it down. I think we may put a movie in the DVD player and snuggle in for the evening. 

Tonight is our last processing day for the year at the office, so we have mandatory overtime.  I have to work at least 13 hours.  With a little luck the rain will hold off until after I finish my shift on Saturday morning.  If I don't get a chance to check in before we ring in the new year, I hope you all have a safe, happy New Year's Eve and wish each and every one of you many blessings for the new year.  Happy 2012!

5 comments:

  1. Our New Year's celebration is quiet at home. May yours be filled with every blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never ever been able to understand the appeal of that sort of celebration, then feeling crummy the next day on top of it all. But then I don't drink, so that makes sense, I guess. We generally stay very close to home, usually not leaving at all, on New Year's Eve - but we have had a Sunday School class party the last few years at the church - pretty safe place! And we live close, so don't have to encounter crazy people on the road in the residential area where we will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't done the party thing for years now, no reason to go now. Imagine we will just watch a movie and maybe make some popcorn.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Walker have a Happy New Year, and like you our days of clubbing are over.

    ReplyDelete