LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, December 2, 2011

Broad Shoulders

I have a friend who likes to say, "Get out your broad shoulders!" when things get tough.  She says it means you just have to plow through.  I'm pretty good at that.  Sometimes I look back and wonder how I got through everything without having a nervous breakdown, LOL.  I have a feeling this month will be one of those times.

We're so dang busy all the time, yet I still take on more.  I think one of my goals for next year will be to learn to say, "No," a little more often.  Or maybe a lot more often. It's not that I don't want to help, just that I have to accept that I have limits, just like everyone else. Walker is just like me, always taking on just one more task. That's probably not a good thing.  We'll have to learn to balance each other out.

Bro got his house!  We all drove over Wednesday afternoon and cleaned as much as we could before Walker and I had to get to work and my mom had to get home.  She doesn't do much driving in the dark these days.  Bro's house is about a thirty minute drive from here, through deer infested corn fields.  I don't blame my mom for wanting to get home before dark.

I think we'll need the weekend to get the moving finished.  Not sure that will even do it, as Diva turns ten today - wahoo! - and we're throwing her a party tomorrow.  The forecast is calling for freezing rain, too.  Hauling furniture up icy sidewalks, trying not to fall, is not the best plan.  We're going to try to get as much hauled as we can before the weather comes in.  If we can get it all, we're good.  Then it's just arranging furniture and unpacking boxes.  Getting the hauling done is a pretty big "if" though.  Anybody wanna help, LOL?

5 comments:

  1. Moving is a daunting task in the rain. Done it a few times. But in the FREEZING rain. Oh no. I hope it holds off for you. I'll be there in spirit cheering you on. Happy Birthday to Diva. Ten is a GREAT year. She'll love the party. Let's hope the weather doesn't ruin that either. I hear what you're saying about trying to balance the time you have available. I spent years NEVER saying NO. It's hard to do, but sometimes You just have to say it. "Get out your broad shoulders" is a great expression. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will help you. Let me get my broad shoulders on...lol.
    Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are supposed to get freezing rain and they have already treated the streets. I know what you mean about not saying no. Now I have to because at 82 I can barely do for us. You take care and try not to overdo and get sick. How old is your mom? I don't drive at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a job - moving furniture with ice to slow you down. Ice attacks you when you least expect it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 10th birthday, Diva!

    helloz, Ernie
    I missed sharin
    turkeyz wif u

    ReplyDelete