LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Can I Go Back to Bed, Please?

I have a headache.  A bad one.  So bad, I left work an hour early last night.  I came home, gave Ernie her medications, took a pain med myself, and went to bed.  I didn't even brush my teeth.  I slept twelve hours, but the headache is still here.  It's not as bad as it was last night.  I have some prescription ibuprofen, but I can't take it before I go to work because it knocks me out.  Which is likely why I slept twelve hours.  The dose I took was one pill, but I'm supposed to take two.  This is why I hate to take medication - it hits me hard.  Usually, I prefer to power through the pain, as I know that eventually it will pass.  I took nothing after I had my appendix out, nothing stronger than ibuprofen after my hysterectomy, and nothing at all after the breast cancer surgery.  I was okay, able to sleep and move around without too much discomfort.  Yet a headache does me in.  Go figure.

Miss Ernie is having a bad day, too.  She seems to be losing her strength.  She tries to jump from sofa to chair and misses, landing hard on the floor.  She still manages to go from floor to furniture.  Her appetite is good, and I feed her as much as she wants to eat.  Her cancer has her metabolism working overtime.  When I hold her, I can feel her heart racing. The vet says there is nothing to be done about that.  It's just the progression of the disease.  Her hip bones jut out, and it's harder to find loose skin when I do her injections every night.  There isn't an ounce of fat left on her.  I pray she is not in pain.  She's feisty, still, and she literally runs when I prepare her food.  So, we wait.  It's hard.

5 comments:

  1. Poor little Ernie. As long as she eats well, I would hold on. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I ever hear your pain about the headaches! I finally had to give in and call the doctor for some pain medication as I had an ongoing one for a good week. Gets old doesn't it? Have you ever tried an ice bag on the area where your head is aching? I usually get them in the temples so I use the ice bag and it does seem to help some.

    It's so hard when our four legged kids are sick. If she is eating and playing she must not be in any pain which is a blessing. Hope you both are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have been really miserable if you didn't brush your teeth! I'm sorry you have such bad headaches. I hope you're feeling better by now.

    So sorry about your sweet pet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your head pounding the way it is. Is it a MIGRAINE? I know how bad they get. I wish I had a clever suggestion for something to take the edge off the pain. I take one baby aspirin and it usually works for me. If this headache doesn't go away you need to call someone to see you. It could be something worse going on there. Fingers are crossed it isn't. POOR Ernie. I don't know what to tell you. Just hold and love her when you can. Make her as comfortable as possible and let nature take it's course. Hang in there. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're suffering from a headache. They are the worst, right in line with toothaches. I hope you find some relief soon.

    Poor Ernie. It's so hard to watch them decline. It would be so lovely if our furkids could live as long as we do.

    ReplyDelete