LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Random Bits

I went to the doctor today.  Officially today was my 18 month checkup after cancer surgery.  I got a better than "all clear".  Both doctors commented that my tissues are healing better than what they usually see after radiation.  While I was there, I asked my doctor about my exercise habits and my leg pain.  She turned out to be a great person to ask because she, too, got an elliptical this winter so she knows exactly what I've been doing.  She told me to go back to using the elliptical, just for shorter times at less intensity.  She thinks I moved up too fast for my body to keep up.  And four days a week instead of six or seven.  If my knee swells again I have to go back right away, but for now, I'm cleared for takeoff.

On Sunday Bro made an Easter ham, and we held an egg hunt for the kids.  It was cold and we figured they were too old (10, 10, and 12) but they were really disappointed when we told them, so we hid a couple dozen plastic eggs with dollar bills and chocolates inside.  Funny how they're too grown for Santa but not for the Easter Bunny.  And honestly?  I'm glad.  They're too grown up for me as it is.  I'll hide eggs for them til they go to college if they want me to.  Walker brought home a chocolate bunny for me, but he's eaten most of it.

I had Walker seed in my veggie garden.  I was a little sorry to see it go but it was the right choice.  We don't get good results here, we don't have a backyard so the garden is on the side of the house, visible from the street, and by the end of the summer we have an overgrown mess that produces about five tomatoes, a couple peppers, and maybe a pot of green beans.  We get good results with potatoes but we don't eat a lot of potatoes, so it seemed silly to keep a garden just for that.  I told Walker I want to go to the farmer's markets, and I want him to come, too.  I think we'll enjoy those outings more than I enjoy the veggie garden at this point.  I still have flower beds when I have the urge to dig in the dirt.

5 comments:

  1. Great NEWS about your checkup. And sound advice about the exercise. Hope it helps. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you for your encouragement. Long way to go so comments may be sparodic but I will get back soon.???? Maybe. Keep up the good work as far as your health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your garden but farmer's markets are great places. FYI Santa Clause is a myth but the Easter bunny is real So is the tooth fairy, I have a bag of quarters to prove it.

    Nice entry, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your good news on your tests.

    I agree with you, Farmer's Market is easier.

    I love Easter, egg hunts an all. I still believe in the Easter Bunny. :)

    Take care, DD

    ReplyDelete