LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Good, the Bad, & the Scary

Miss Diva fell off her scooter on Thursday.  She called me at work to tell me she was on her way to the emergency room with Grandma.  She sounded so young and so scared.  Three hours later, she called me back.  She very proudly announced she now has eight stitches in her leg.  I don't think she knows yet that this injury will end her swimming pool days for summer 2012.

Squeak had a bit of a trauma, too, when he discovered one of his beloved guinea pigs had died.  It's so hard on kids, losing a pet like that.  Squeak takes his animal care responsibilities very seriously.  I know he will miss his little friend.

There seems to be some miscommunication between the home front (me and Walker) and the Home Depot. My understanding was, we were to go out to the local store and contact the flooring manager, who would help us choose replacement carpet.  We did that a couple weeks ago, but then we were charged $35 for the measurement to be done.  We paid that and scheduled the measurement, but then someone from the measurement service called and quoted me nearly $3000 for the flooring and installation.  Now, we had asked for pricing on vinyl flooring for our foyer area, knowing that we might have to pay for that ourselves even though it's part of the area currently covered by the carpet Home Depot is replacing.  But, as that area is barely 100 square feet, so I knew they were adding in charges for the carpet that is supposed to be a warranty replacement.  I contacted the store manager via email, and she ended up pushing us off on someone from the flooring department.  She didn't tell me she was ditching us, which didn't sit too well, especially since I had explained that we had the measurement done and she responded with and email instructing us to get the measurement done.  Um, HELLO!!! Did she READ my email?  We did that already! She went on to say that after our rooms were measured we could then choose carpet.  Yeah, we did that already, too.  Anyway - Walker and I decided the best thing to do was to go back out to Home Depot, meet up with the guy who will be taking over our issue, and get this resolved.  So that's what we did.  Funny thing, once we got there, he pulled up our account and saw that, yep, everything was measured, and yep, the carpet we picked out two weeks ago is a suitable replacement for the warranty, and no, we should not have been charged for the measurement, so that will be refunded.  Sigh.  Wasted two hours on a trip to the other end of town.  Oh well.  The carpet should be ordered sometime today.  Maybe we'll get this project done sometime before the snow flies.   We've been thinking about updating our kitchen, too, probably next year.  At this point, I doubt we'd go with Home Depot for our supplies. 

The other good news turned out to be only partly good;  I have completed all of my scheduled dental visits.  Can you hear my "Wahoo!!"?  The not good part is really not good, though.  Sometime in the not-too-distant future, I need to have one of my fillings replaced with a crown.  Before that can be done, I'll need to have gum surgery.  Can I tell you?  I DO NOT want to do this!  I made the mistake of Googling the procedure and, ew, there are photos and everything.  It does not look simple and it does look painful and the sites I found said it often is not covered by insurance.  Of course, since I didn't Google before I left the dentist office, I didn't know to ask how bad my procedure will be, or how long I can put it off.  So for now, I'm in total denial.  I'm just enjoying not having any appointments on the books, and, oh yeah, baby - I finally got my iced coffee.  And I enjoyed every last sip.



5 comments:

  1. Incompetence is rampant. We wanted to replace two doors in our house. The installer came and measured. I went to the door place and picked out the style we wanted. Installer came back for final measurements. Door place called to confirm details. This was all back in June. Last week they call to see if we want to place our order - WTF? I get the excuse that we hadn't placed a deposit. Well, I certainly would have if anyone had ever said I needed to. I canceled the order and was snottily informed that there was no cancelation since the order was never placed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I don't think I would go to Home Depot for anything. Joe likes Menard's but they are both so far out. We won't be doing any remodeling anyway. We just want this old house to last till we are both gone along with Spunky. Sorry to hear about the gum surgery. It does not sound pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That woman at The Home Depot should be fired for the way she handled everything. Glad you got it straightened out. You should have sent them a bill for the gas it cost you to get across town. Glad Diva is okay, inspite of the stitches. Sad about the guinea pig. And gum surgery sounds horrible. I'd put it off forever. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you truly deserved that yummy looking iced coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not have enjoyed the Home Depot experience. I know you didn't either.
    Nice that you have your dental work done...almost...lol. Sorry Miss Diva got hurt. :(

    ReplyDelete