LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Girls' Day

Ah, the weekend.....cue the sound of birdies and violins.  It's not here yet but I'm practically counting the hours.  Tonight will be a long one at the office. But: Walker has to work this weekend and tomorrow, I am taking myself SHOPPING. I haven't been out shopping for anything other than groceries in months.  Seriously.  Months.  Unless you count the afternoon I spent looking at shower curtains with Walker, which I definitely do not.  Shopping with Walker shouldn't even be called shopping.  He gets a ginormous  cup of melted milkshake (otherwise known as a latte) and makes a game of how fast he can get out of the store and back to his Laz-E-Boy in front of the TV.  It's kind of pathetic how excited I am that he's working and I can go it alone.

It started with the whole "Walker hates the bathroom" fiasco. The shower still is not fixed.  We don't even have a contractor lined up.  I've called to schedule one, twice, but so far I haven't gotten a call back.  I'm rethinking hiring them now - if I can't get them on the phone to schedule the work, where will they be if I have a problem? 

So while I wait and ponder my options, I decided we need a fresh coat of paint to go with the new shower curtain.  Since we're changing colors I want to look for some bath sheets.  The old ones are getting ratty anyway, plus they are a pukey shade of peach since an unfortunate bleach incident.  Then I realized that I start radiation on Monday.  I have exactly one pair of "good" socks, and I don't intend to traipse around the cancer center in holey ones.  Socks went on the list.  I have a pretty wool sweater with shamrocks on the pockets but nothing to wear under it.  Wool against the skin?  Um, no, thank you, I don't like breaking out in hives. I'll look for a green top.  Halloween is when?  Sunday?  Oops!  Better get some candy.  Et cetera.  By the time I was done I had half a page of errands, so I told myself to call it a shopping trip and make a day of it.  I might even pick up the new Sex in the City movie.  I haven't been to a movie since before my last shopping trip.  I wonder if I can still find the mall.

I'm like to take Diva with me, but I have to wait to see if she has a date with her Daddy. I think they were planning some Halloween excursions if he doesn't have to work.  Either way, it's retail. therapy and maybe even a little lunch out on the town.  Bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment