LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekly Spark

This week all I lost was the pound I gained last week, making my grand total 12.8 pounds and my total for the month of March .8 pounds.  I don't know what's going on, because I did lots of exercise this week and stayed under my calorie limit every day except Saturday.  We spent Saturday cleaning the garage and Walker ran for fast food when we took a break.  I thought I was pretty safe with a breakfast burrito of scrambled eggs, cheese, and salsa on a tortilla (from which I pulled off all the bits that overlapped, so I would guess I ate maybe 2/3 of the tortilla part).  When I entered it into SparkPeople, it came up at 480 calories.  Really?  I would have guessed it around 300.  There looks to be maybe 2 eggs, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, and a plop of salsa on the tortilla.  I didn't think the calories would be so high.  Of course, that wasn't what put me over.  The Thin Mints I found in the pantry are what put me over.  Even so, my calories for the day equaled what I should have burned for the day, so I should have broken even on Saturday.  The rest of the week should have been more of a loss, if you just look at the math.

When I logged my exercise on Saturday, a warning popped up on my screen in red lettering:  *The number of calories you should eat to manage your weight depends on many factors, including how many calories you burn through exercise. It may seem counterintuitive, but eating too little while burning too much can actually hurt your weight-management goals and the outcome of your fitness program. If you are consistently burning more calories than recommended here, please update your fitness settings as soon as possible. This may adjust your calorie ranges (if necessary) so you can reach your goals in a timely and healthy manner.

Okay, so apparently SparkPeople is telling me that I did too much exercise for what I ate last week. My weekly goal is to burn 550 calories through exercise, and instead I burned 1,914. Love that bike trail.  But still, not much progress at the scale.  

Walker's theory is that I'm toning and building muscle.  He says that I look thinner, regardless of what the scale says.  I did have to pull a couple clothing pieces from the closet.  One of my tops is so gappy in the neckline that I run the risk of flashing my girls every time I reach for something.  And the Capris I've been wearing around the house are too loose.  The other night I put my keys in my pocket so I could take my walk and the pants fell down.  My key ring isn't all that heavy, maybe four keys and the fob for my car.  So the pants went into the rummage sale box. 


My goal for this week is pretty much the same as last week:  keep up the exercise, no matter what.  I'm going to tell Walker no more fast food, too.  There's just no telling how that stuff is prepared.  I can do my own cooking, and I think I'll be better for it. 

2 comments:

  1. Your right we don't know what they put in all the fast food that America consumes all the time.
    I have got where I avoid the fast food myself because of how unhealthy it is.
    Sounds like you have it all under control and I am very proud of you.
    Have a great week honey
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I used to diet, back in the day SALSA used to be FREE. Guess not anymore. I agree with Walker that you're toning and building solid muscle. HANG in THERE. It's easy to get frustrated but you are doing GOOD. Take care.

    ReplyDelete