LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Game On

Walker is snuggled under a puffy down comforter, watching the Packers smack down the Bears.  Diva is off with her daddy, hopefully having a fun afternoon.  And I am waging war against my to-do list, checking off line after line in my quest to organize my life.

I've heard that if you can take control of one area of your life, the rest will fall into place.  I don't know if that's true but it seems more manageable than trying to work on everything at once. My three big goals for the year are to get healthier, to fix my finances, and to spend more quality time with my family.  Since my family is otherwise occupied and my health is an ongoing battle, I'm going to start with the finances.  I'm assembling the necessary documents to get my taxes done, and I've gone through the mail to make sure I've got all the bills up to date.  Walker has a bad habit of bringing in the mail and putting it down "wherever", so I've made myself a spreadsheet that tells me when payments are due.  I added a column so I can mark them off when I make them.  We haven't missed any payments but we came close a couple times before I had the spreadsheet.  If I can't find the actual bill, I can go online and look it up. And if you're wondering why we still get bills in the mail, well, I've had issues with my email account.  It may be green but I don't consider it secure. 

In an attempt to simultaneously clean out some clutter and generate some cash, Walker and Diva have gone through their dressers and closets, purging things they no longer want.  We're months from rummage sale weather, but I've been listing books on Amazon and other stuff on eBay.  Things are moving right along.  What doesn't go will most likely be donated the next time the Easter Seals folks swing through the neighborhood.  It's progress.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I have a pile of Christmas decorations that I want to sell on eBay. I sorted through a bunch of books the other day and found some more stuff that I will probably just donate. However, it's still sitting where I found it as I haven't gotten the initiative to actually deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what usually happens here, LOL. I'm making an effort to stay on top of things now, but it's amazing how fast those little "projects" get out of control.

    ReplyDelete