LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Back in the Water

I don't think I will ever learn.  Never. You know how excited I was to have the shower fixed?  About that.  It seems that our new fixtures have a safety valve installed on the "hot" side, so that when you install them, you don't scald yourself testing for leaks.  Good idea!  The installation instructions are very clear about how to remove said safety valve before you finish installing the plumbing.  There's just one thing:  Walker and his plumber friend did not actually read the instructions.  The safety device that prevents hot water from coming out of the pipe is STILL ON THE DANG THING.  The fixture has to be dismantled to remove it.  And yes, I had a nice, chilly shower this afternoon.  I kept waiting for the water to get  hot.  You think I'd learn by now - let Walker go first!

The other thing is, if I know Walker he will try to fix it himself as soon as I leave for work.  No worries there, right?  At least now he has the instructions.  Hopefully he can get at it without doing anything to the new, expensive acrylic wall. 

Where did I put that bottle of margarita?

1 comment: