LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dr Jonathan's Hand Cream

Okay, I have to rave about this stuff!  I've been wanting to write this post for a while, but I made myself wait until I'd gone through a full jar, just to be sure it was as great as I thought in the beginning.  It is.

I found this hand cream back in November, when I was in the middle of my radiation treatments.  I bought it for my hands, since my skin gets so dry it cracks in the winter.  The claim to fame is cranberry oil, an ingredient I had not found in any of the other hand creams I've ever tried.  I ordered the cream from berryworks.com, a website owned and operated by Dr Jonathan and his wife, Michelle.


The package showed up on my doorstep on a Saturday.  I immediately used the hand cream.  It has a light, slightly berry scent, light enough that Walker decided to try it, too.  It felt wonderful, sank in easily, and made my hands feel soooo much better.  By the end of the day the scaly patches were gone.  They're still gone.  Which got my wheels turning.....My skin had started opening in my "treatment area", and none of the creams I got from the doctor seemed to be helping much.  I knew I should check with the doctor before using this hand cream on my boob, but it was a Saturday and the cancer center was closed.  I decided to give it a shot.

Now, obviously I'm not a doctor, and I don't claim that everyone else will have the results I did, but honestly, by the time I went for my next treatment, two days later, my skin was healed.  The open areas had new skin in them and it never opened again, though I had several more weeks of treatment.  The doctor was anticipating I would lose a large patch of skin under my arm, because the color was so dark it looked like a purple bruise.  By Monday, it was just a dark tan color.  I never lost that skin. 

That Monday, I took the hand cream to the cancer center, and after my treatment I tracked down the doctor and showed it to him.  He read the ingredients and told me there were several that had naturally anti-inflammatory properties.  He gave me his blessing to keep using it.  For the remainder of my treatments, everyone commented on how well my skin held up.  I can't say with 100% certainty that it was this cream that made the difference, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who was having radiation treatment. In fact, I've been recommending it to everyone I know, LOL.

Now, two months post treatment, I still use the hand cream.  It's been very effective at preventing the winter dryness I normally get this time of year.  I just ordered a second batch, and I added a few more lotions and potions to try.  So far, I love everything. 

In case you're wondering, I don't know Dr Jonathan or his wife or anyone else who works at this company.  I haven't been given products or any other form of compensation.  I just really, really love this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate when bloggers review a product, movie, book, etc. I feel like I'm getting an unbiased opinion. I will look into Dr. Jonathan's products. My husband has to get steroid shots to his fingers because the skin cracks and bleeds. He has several prescription hand creams. This will be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Eczema cream, too, but I just got that one and have only used it for about a week. It's thicker than the hand cream and unscented.

    ReplyDelete