LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lazy Saturday

It's been snowing all day.  Big, fat, lazy flakes that just keep falling.  Diva and Squeak shoveled the driveway for $2 each - they charge a dollar for each inch of snow.  Can't beat that.  Unfortunately, my happy snowman neighbor succumbed to the warm temps.  He's now a pile of broken snow chunks.

When they weren't outside working, Diva and Squeak were busy in the kitchen whipping up new flavors of soda. I gave Squeak the soda making set for Christmas, but this is the first time I have been recruited as a taste tester.  I tried a few sips here and there, but in the end I paid my nephew Cubbie a dollar to take over for me.  Some of the flavors they came up with were.....appealing only to a kid.  Let's just leave it at that.

I spent a little time in the basement, trying to get reorganized after The Flood Saga of 2011.  I should not say this, but so far, we've been dry since the plumber came last Monday.  I hope that statement doesn't tempt fate.  Anyway ~ we still need to get the burst pipe repaired but it won't leak unless someone turns on the outside tap.  Given the weather, that is not likely.  We're hoping to have someone in next week.

Until that pipe is repaired, I can't put anything on the shelves in the storage room, as they are directly beneath the pipe. We did a good job of drying out the things we could, and everything that was not salvageable has been carted to the local burning plant, where they convert garbage into usable energy. I'm pretty much done down there until I can start moving things back to the shelves. It was a lot of work, but in a weird way, I'm not sorry it happened.  We needed to do some cleaning and I don't think anything less than disaster would have motivated us at this point.  It's funny how fast you can fill a house ~ we've been here about five and a half years, after moving from a home half this size.  And our storage area was full of junk we did not need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment