LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Manic Monday

I've been taking Tamoxifen for a little over a year now, without much trouble.  The only side effect I've noticed is night sweats.  I sleep in summer pajamas most of the time, lightweight capri bottoms and a tank top.  Walker comes home most mornings to find me sound asleep under the ceiling fan, covers kicked off.  He sleeps in flannel pants, a turtleneck, and a sweatshirt with the hood pulled up.

So when I got out of bed and rummaged through the closet for a sweatshirt, that should have been a red flag.  We both overslept on Monday.  When I finally woke up I had to dash for the shower.  Walker got up to make me something to eat before I had to leave for work, and he's the one who figured out that the furnace was out. The house was a brisk 55 degrees. 

Of course Walker, who knows nothing about the furnace, decides to take a look at it.  I'm still in the shower when I hear him banging away in the basement.  Our furnace is supposed to have two clips that hold the cover in place.  Without the cover on properly and the clip in place, the furnace won't run.  One of the clips broke long ago, and none of the heating places I called could get me another one.  They say those clips aren't made anymore.  We have to treat the remaining clip like it's made of glass.  We break it, we'll be putting in a new furnace.  Up in the shower, listening to the banging, I freaked out.

I didn't know I could still move that fast, but I was out of the shower, wrapped in a towel, and down the stairs in a blur.  I keep a paint can key next to the furnace to remove the cover clip when I change the filters, and I used that to adjust the clip.  A quarter turn and the furnace roared to life.  Crisis averted. I went back upstairs, finished my shower, ate a quick dinner, and got to work just in time.  Unfortunately, my coworker was out sick and the only person to cover for her was me.  Sigh.

On the plus side, I know I'm not supposed to weigh every day but I stepped on the scale before I hopped in the shower and I'm down half a pound since the day before.  Looks like my theory about the sodium in my Subway turkey sandwich might have been correct. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get the furnace going before you had to get a new one!

    Yep, I have to weigh every morning because of the salt thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you did not have to buy a new furnace.Quick thinking on your part, towel or no towel. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Furnaces are tricky. You have to coax them when they are older. Glad you averted the crisis. CONGRATS on that weight lost. EVERY bit counts. HANG IN THERE. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I missed this entry! I was thinking about you, going to write you a message on your older blog, just checking on you... and there was this blog that I missed somehow.
    Anyway, glad you are perking right along, losing a little weight and doing good. I have lost a few pounds, very few...lol. Seems like when one gets started losing a little, it gets easier. Encouraging! Take care.

    ReplyDelete