LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly Spark

I don't know what I weigh this week.  Sunday morning I hopped on the scale and saw that I was down two pounds, let out a "Wohoo!" and hopped back off.  Walker heard me screeching and poked his head in the bathroom to inform me that the scale wasn't working.  Not sure how he could determine that, I hopped back on.  Up seven pounds.  Oh - that's how.

I changed the batteries and weighed myself four more times.  I was careful not to move the scale when I got on and off it.  I got four very different readings, from a two pound loss to a whopping nine pound gain.  We went shopping for a new scale that afternoon.  Of course, by then, I'd had a couple glasses of water and a Coke Zero, not to mention breakfast.  I like to weigh myself first thing, so I can get a consistent reading.  So I don't have an official weigh in this week.

Instead, I'm happy to report some measurements.  Spark People recommends taking your measurements once a month.  You don't have to, and it's something I've never done before.  I always just went by my weight.   But this time I thought, what the heck, and took some measurements when I started the plan.  One month later, I've lost one inch in my waist and one inch in my hips.  My upper arm stayed the same.  Spark People doesn't record bust measurements. 

I had a couple really hungry days this week.  I assume they're hormone related.  I used to get really hungry for three or four days before my cycle started, and I would crave salt like crazy.  I had a hysterectomy a couple years ago, but I still have the hungry days and the salt cravings every couple weeks.  I should probably start tracking it, so I can be better prepared.  I ended up going over my calorie limit by a couple hundred calories, but only once.  I figure that will balance with the couple days I was at the low end of the goal. 

6 comments:

  1. Par for the course. Just hang in there and keep inching towards your goal. I found scales to be tempermental. Most are not calibrated properly. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and it can really throw you for a loop. Don't laugh, well actually if you want to, go ahead... My husband used to weigh himself after he went to the bathroom. Every single time. He used the industrial scale where he worked. He'd give me hourly progress reports. LOL DROVE me crazy. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are doing well. Keep doing what you are doing. :). You had me going there for a minute..lol. I have lost 2 or so pounds, trying to get ready for summer, maybe vacation. I have not gotten enough exercise this Winter, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our scale is like that. I weight at the gym if I want the truth. But at the rec center where my grandgirls are doing gymnastics, there is this enormous scale that looks like it could weigh a mack truck - I'm scared to death to get on it. Not to mention that the whole world could see the result! I am very very disgusted with myself at this moment in history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should diet but for 82 years I have dieted off and on for several years, but no more. Did you get snow over the weekend? Come to my blog and see if we did. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I'm having a hard time getting into your blog. I ran some virus scans over the weekend but they came up empty. Not sure what's going on but I have a couple blogs that won't open for me and yours is one of them. I miss reading you - I have to get this fixed!!

      Delete