LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekly Spark

I'm choosing to be a glass-half-full kind of person today.  With that in mind - Wahoo! - I didn't gain any weight this week.  The scale read exactly the same as last week.  I was a little disappointed, because I did pretty well with the calorie tracking, but I know weight loss isn't necessarily an exact science.  Yesterday, we stopped at Subway for dinner, and while I had a turkey sandwich with no cheese and lots of veggies, I know that deli meat has lots of sodium.  Sometimes that's enough to cause a little water retention.  Or, you know, my metabolism may just be on strike.  Regardless, I'm slogging on.  If things don't pick up this week I'll think about making some changes.

We had a pretty good weekend.  We went to a birthday party for our neighbor and friend, the lovely Miss Lucille, who is eighty-five years young this week.  To pacify the blister on the bottom of my foot I wore extra thick socks and my new Hello Kitty Vans.  Okay, the Vans didn't help my blister but hey, they looked cute:


My mom has caught a bad cold, so Diva and I brought her some Campbell's Double Noodle along with the cutest brownies ever:


She promptly ate the ears off, which brought back memories of pretty much every chocolate Easter bunny I received as a child.  To this day my mom can't resist a chocolate ear.

My Diva got herself into some hot water a while back.  What she did was pretty typical ten-year-old behavior, but when her Gramma called her on the carpet, she lied.  Then I asked her about it, and she lied to me, too. Well, that's not going to fly.  It didn't take me too long to get her to confess, but I couldn't let the lying go so she was punished with ten chores: five for lying to me, and five for lying to Gramma.  Sunday morning I handed her my weekly cleaning list and retired to the sofa.  Walker changed the sheets and did the dishes, while Diva vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned both bathrooms.  She also folded three baskets of laundry.  All I had left to do was to mop the kitchen floor and water my plants.  Wahoo!  It's almost like being on vacation.  Diva does very good work for a ten-year-old.  I'd like to hire her.  It was fabulous having two extra hours to myself.

4 comments:

  1. Your HELLO KITTY shoes, rock. LOVE the color too. You are holding your own, weight wise. Hang in there. Had to chuckle about the chocolate buny ears. Do the same thing here. Hope your mom feels better soon. I'd pay someone to help me clean up around here. But alas we are on Social Security and can NOT afford it. Hope your helper learned a valuable lesson. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Sounds like things went your way this time. About time isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! Knock you down for those shoes...lol. I think the ears are the perfect place to start on those brownies...lol. Hope your Mom feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete