LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Hey Peeps!  Still here!  It was a crazy week, but crazy in a pretty good way.  I was on mandatory overtime at the office, which is fine with me as I can use the extra pay and it doesn't happen all that often. On Friday morning, my mom held a yard sale, so I stayed up and helped her run it until Walker got home from work.  Saturday, we did the sale again, then we drove up the highway to see Squeak's last soccer game of the season.
They call him Doctor Defense ~



After the game, we stopped at Home Depot for some garden plants.  Walker's mom just moved into a new condo, and she needed some flowers planted.  We were happy to oblige.  Then we went home and planted our flowerbeds, too. 

On Sunday morning, Walker and I met up with his family for Mother's Day brunch.  We had a nice time at a restaurant that overlooks the Mississippi.  I love watching the river - so peaceful!  After brunch and some visiting, we had just enough time to stop back at home, whip up some side dishes, and zip over to my sister's house for a cookout with my family.  My mom doesn't like a fuss, so we kept things casual.  It was a great day all around.  Hope all my Mom friends had a great Mother's Day, too ~

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on my Dad's Birthday entry.
    Glad you had a good weekend and Mother's Day! I did too, it was great.
    I like that you were overlooking the Mississippi River. I love the Mississippi too. Let's rent a riverboat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers add a smile when they're around. I'm happy you had a great weekend with the moms in your life. Overlooking a river is always cause to pause. We had some bad news about our daughter. She has lesions on her lungs and a mass on her liver. They going to do a biopsy. She's scared. Prayers appreciated. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your entries. You have such a zest for life. I am just glad that you were fortunate to be one of the fiesty ones.

    ReplyDelete