LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Family Time

The kids and I colored eggs on Saturday. Um, yes, I do color eggs, too. Cubby decided he's outgrown the tradition, though he did make one egg just so he'd have one of his own. This year we tried something new - an egg dye kit that came with little itty bitty rollers and pre-mixed dye packets. I don't recommend it. The dye was chunky and the rollers soaked up so much of it that it dripped all over the eggs, even though we tried to roll some of the color back into the pots. When we finished, I left the eggs to dry for a good two hours but the colors are still sticky. Next year we're going back to dipping.

I woke up Easter Sunday eye to eye with the biggest chocolate bunny I have ever seen. I'm pretty sure I made all the kids jealous. Not to worry ~ I was on Bunny Duty and I made sure they had plenty of eggs to find, along with lots of chocolate treats. It was my first experience on Bunny Duty, and for the most part I had a lot of fun, but Saturday night the kids would not stay in bed. There were the bathroom breaks and the water breaks, then Cubby thought he might be getting sick, then Diva wanted some lights left on, but only certain ones, and would I help her? It was after two before all the kids were in bed, asleep, and likely to stay there. I ended up getting up at 8am and can I tell you? There is a reason I work nights. Me and mornings? Not such a great combination.

When my mom came over Bro and I had a surprise for her: another very large chocolate bunny. Before we gave it to her, though, we thought a little payback was in order:


We are so going to hell.

At Easter dinner, my sister announced that she's applied for a job in another state. Not sure what brought that on - she has a good job here, plus all the family, plus she just moved into a new house. I didn't even know she was thinking of moving.

Right now, I'm so tired I can't type straight. I think it's time to call it a night. I stayed up til my normal bedtime so I can sleep in, so I'm not too tired at work tonight. Walker is taking the kids out to breakfast so they don't wake me up ~ no school today. Hopefully they all sleep in, too.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Easter but messy and tiring. I have been there and done that!!!!

    ReplyDelete