LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Story Sisters, by Alice Hoffman


Holy crow, this was a great book! I'm not sure what I was expecting, as I don't remember when I bought this book or why I was interested in it in the first place. Not that it matters - once I started reading, I could not put it down.

The story follows three young girls, sisters, who are by turns brought together and torn apart by a personal tragedy that the oldest sister endures. She never speaks of the incident, and most people who know her are unaware of what she's been through. At one point, she dares, even begs, her mother to see her as she really is. The writing is so real, it will break your heart. If you're looking for a great read, this one will fit the bill, but I warn you - clear your calendar. You will not want to stop until you read the very last word.

No comments:

Post a Comment