LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Just in Case....

The short version is, I'm ditching my cable company. They have been systematically removing channels from their lineup while simultaneously increasing their charges. Um, no. That is not how we do business, folks. I called to complain, told them I would discontinue service if they didn't adjust my bill to reflect my decreasing service, but got nowhere until I actually did set up service with another provider. When I called the current place to cancel, they offered me the moon to stick with them. Too little, too late, Charter! You should have taken me seriously when I called the first time.

So the cable company also provides my internet connection. I'm scheduled to switch on Wednesday, but things tend to not go as planned around here. I would not be surprised if I got disconnected early, or if the new people didn't show up on time or something. So, if I'm not around for a couple days, y'all know why.

Today was a better day. A good nights' sleep did wonders. Still spending too much time stuck in my head, but I'll get there. I decided I'm not making any decisions about anything until after my mammo on Thursday. I can't focus right now, and I don't want to jump into anything like a major purchase until I can think it through clearly. I am also not going to beat myself up for eating PopTarts, or anything else with no nutritional value, until after I get my all clear. I'm not much of a drinker, I don't smoke, I don't even like to go shopping. So, while I wish I was one of those people who exercise compulsively when stressed, I am not. I eat. And I'm going to be okay with that, at least for the next few days.

Thank you all for the supportive comments. I have the best cyber neighbors ever. I wish I could invite y'all over for brownies.

5 comments:

  1. Calling by to thankyou for your recent visit and comment on LindyLouMacs Book Reviews which is much appreciated. I have replied there, but calling by in return, it is good to meet you. Good Luck with your mammogram later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound a bit better today. I'm with you on those cable companies, but if I cancel them, I have to go back to dial up internet. I'm stuck! One of the perks of living in middle-of-nowhere ville. Good luck Thursday, and don't sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have dish, along with phone and internet. I am not to happy with it at time. We have an old TV so we don't get a picture like the new fangled TV's but dish breaks up a lot when it storms. Good luck on the results of the mammogram. I understand completely about eating when stressed. I have always done the same thing. Best of luck and just remember you have a lot of us pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wish we could change cable connection when I call them about something they seem to ignore my call. They the only one we have here so I guess we will have to stay with them. Good luck with your mammogram.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the mammo! Crossing my fingers for an all clear.

    ReplyDelete