LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Checking In.....

Not much new to report, but I wanted to give a shout-out anyway.  Happy Wednesday!  We are now halfway to the weekend.  Wahoo!  Walker and I are both working this weekend, but I'm antsy for it anyway.  The mood is very laid back in my office on weekends.  There will be just a couple of us there. 


Despite our extra shifts, Walker and I are planning an outing to a local festival this weekend.  It's nice to have something to look forward to.  Most of the events we're planning to attend are free admission, which makes it nice.  Guilt free socializing, and if we discover there isn't much to hold our interest at any particular venue, we don't feel the need to hang out to "get our money's worth".  It's all good.

I realized that I am just about at the half way point between my last doctor's appointment and my next one.  I've been pretty good at choking down the nasty fish oil capsules, but it is driving me crazy that there is no home test for triglycerides.  I can't check my progress at all.  I would even try one with a dodgy accuracy rate, just to see if I'm doing myself any good.  I'll be honest:  I have a feeling my next appointment will not go well.  I should be exercising more, and saying no to Walker's fabulous grilled rib eye.  Ah, well.  I'm not going to give up the fight.  Maybe I'll surprise myself.  I still have several weeks to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment