LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Wee Bit o' Culture in My Big Back Yard

Walker and I have been working a lot. Maybe a bit too much. We mostly seem to work, sleep, take care of other people's kids, and work some more.  So when we had the opportunity to soak up some Irish cheer, we took it. Off we went to the Irish Culture Fair.


We had a perfect day for bumming around: blue skies, gentle breeze, not too hot.  As it turned out, the weather was the best part of the day.  I know we don't get out much, but I was pretty surprised to see a $10 price tag on the tickets to this event.  Ten bucks each to get in the door and five dollars to park.  I know it's common in the city but I hate to pay for parking in this little town of ours.  We found a spot on the street a couple blocks away and walked down to the fair.


Honestly, for us, there wasn't a whole lot to get excited about.  They had a beer tent with live music, but we had to go to work that night, so the beer was out. The music was good, though.  They had a pretty nice kids' area, but we didn't bring any kids with us.  They had a tea garden where you could get a ham sandwich or some Irish mussels.  We did enjoy wandering through the vendor booths, and we watched part of the harpist competition.  To be fair, I think there is more going on in the evening at events like this.  Too bad we both work nights. I'm glad we went, but I don't think we'll be marking our calendar for next year.

1 comment:

  1. It had to be nice for the 2 of you to get out for a while. I don't know how much of a small town you are in but it does seem a bit much for them not having much.

    ReplyDelete