LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Think It's Going to Be One of Those Weeks

We're short people at work again.  Which means overtime.  While the extra money is nice, it gets old at times.  Just work, sleep, and take care of Ernie. We've had a lot of that lately.

Ernie is acting weird again.  I've given up trying to figure out if she's acting weird because she's old and senile or if something is really wrong.  How do you ever know?  She's taken to sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor, something she's never done before.  But it's the sitting itself that's weird, kind of a squat, really.  I can't imagine that's comfortable.  She's getting very vocal when I give her the fluid injections, too.  Weird because, one, I'm getting pretty good at it so it shouldn't be painful for her and two, she is generally a pretty quiet kitty.  I'm not going to haul her in to the vet, though.  She eats, she sleeps, she poos.  What more could I ask for from a twenty two year old kitty?

Walker seems to be, generally, pretty stressed out.  I think the extra people in the house are wearing on him a bit.  He's more strict than Bro, so of course he gets irritated at some of the stuff the kids do.  I was thinking about taking a mini break, maybe checking into a hotel with a nice restaurant and a warm pool, but then I realized we'd have to bring Ernie with us.  She needs fluid every twelve hours, and her meds three times a day, and fiber in her food four times a day.  Too much to ask of a kitty sitter, I think.  Especially the fluid part.  She's my baby and it took a full week before I could bring myself to stab her in the neck with the needle.  Walker had to do it before that. I can't ask someone else to do that.  As Ernie doesn't travel well, the mini break idea is on hold. 

Until we can manage an actual get away, I've planned some day trips around the area, visiting local orchards, and festivals, and flea markets, and cultural events.  There's something just about every weekend.  We really need to get out more.  Starting now, we will be.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you're making plans to take care of yourself even though there is a lot of work to be done. That is so important! :) I also love to hear about how well you treat your cat, I'm a cat lover myself and I can totally relate to not wanting to stab her, even though you know it's good for her!

    ReplyDelete