LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Attitude Adjustment

I'm feeling like a bit of a brat after my rant against the airlines yesterday.  Don't get me wrong - I think some reform is needed somehow.  One night I was researching airfares, found a couple options, printed them out, and waited to hear from Walker, who was at work.  Two hours later he called, we discussed our choices, picked one, and I attempted to make the reservations.  Only the price had gone up by well over $100 in those two hours.  Imagine if everyone did that.  You're shopping for groceries, and by the time you get to the checkout all your items have new pricing.  Spend an hour in the department store and while you're browsing, prices are constantly changing.  You go out to dinner, order from a menu, and while you're eating, the price of your meal goes up 25 percent.  Stores and restaurants would never do that.  But the airlines do it, all the time. 

I know this, and I know there isn't a dang thing I can do about it.  So I need to get over it and realize that it's pretty cool that my family will be gathering in Florida for some fun in the sun.  Not everyone gets to do this.  I think sometimes I forget that.  I need to start counting my blessings.

3 comments:

  1. You are right. One can not help complaining sometimes, but at the end of the day, give thanks, as you have done. Go to Florida and have fun. I spent a good portion of my youth in Orlando, in Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISSED your rant. Been battling the flu and losing. So-oo sick. Feel horrible. Been driving a porcelain bus all week. LOL You seem perfectly logical to me about the airline debacle. No reason for them to continually upcharge. Their rates should be stationary. I guess what's done is done. Don't let it interfere with your time in the sun. It's a GREAT place. Go, ENJOY, have fun. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed your rant, but if it made you feel better I can't see any harm in it.

    ReplyDelete