LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 21, 2013

BBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Holy crow, it's COLD here!  We haven't had an arctic blast like this one in a couple years.  The high temps are single digits, and the wind chill is minus thirty. AND it's snowing.  So much for the theory of "too cold to snow".  Lucky for me, I am off work until tomorrow night.  I don't have to leave the house if I don't want to, and right now, I can't think of anything that would make me want to.

In the summer months, we have a variety of potted trees living on our patio. It's always a challenge to find a warm winter home for them.  The biggest tree is the biggest challenge.  Last year, we brought our fig tree into our bedroom, because we have the most space in that room.  That room also faces west, and therefore gets plenty of afternoon sun.  But the tree hated it.  By this time last year, it had lost most of the leaves.  I nursed the tree along until spring, and after several months on the patio it was full and healthy again.  So this year, we put it in the kitchen.  It's more crowded, but the light conditions are the most similar to those on the patio.  The strategy seems to be working; so far, the tree has lost only a few leaves.  But there is another problem:



Miss Diva has to climb in under the branches.  She actually kind of liked it back there, but I think it's time to scout out a new home for my fig tree ~

No comments:

Post a Comment