LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Am I the only one feeling dazed and confused this holiday season?  Seems like I can't remember what day it is.  Last night I kept thinking it was Friday, probably because I had today off.  Now today, I'm thinking it's Sunday.  I have a doctor's appointment on Friday - kept thinking it was next week.  Et cetera.  I love the holidays but I'm ready for life to back to normal.

So Happy New Year, y'all!  I don't make resolutions, but I do have some goals.  The biggest one is, I am determined to deal with some things I have been avoiding.  For instance, I have an entire section of my storage room devoted to things that used to belong to my late father.  Things that, once they were settled on the shelves, nobody has looked at for eight years.  I know I need to go through the boxes and dispose of most of the stuff, but I avoid it because I don't want to deal with the emotions that will come along for the ride.  We have a three bedroom home.  There are lots of closets and dresser drawers hiding memories.  Time to clear things out.

If you've been here a while, you might remember that last January I added the little yoga girl to my blog header and embarked on a fitness plan.  I did pretty well with it, too, until I overdid the exercise and jacked up my knee.  It took months to heal, during which time I lost my momentum.  It probably looks like I forgot about my little yoga girl but the fact is, she hasn't moved because there was no reason to move her.  I've been pretty stagnant in my progress for the last couple of months.  So goal number two is to dust off my Spark People account and finish what I started.  I'm back to exercising - carefully! - three days a week.  I'll have that little yoga girl sliding the right way in no time. 

I'm sure there will be plenty more where those came from.  I'm pretty good at figuring out what I need to do.  It's the "getting done" that gives me fits.  One thing I know for sure:  I love the "fresh start" feeling of a brand new year.  I hope 2013 is filled with blessings for all of us ~

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you I know that girl will be sliding down again. I too want to loose weight. I am considering joining weight watchers but don't know if that is what I should do or not.
    I have boxes of my mom's that I have put off going through but now that I have moved my bedroom upstairs I have to do it because there are no closets in this ole farm house.
    So we need to both get these done even though I know it will not be easy.
    In answer to my outside cats. The little one is the daughter of the other one and her momma came here to the farm when she was just a kitty so I know that they have not been potty trained. lol How they know what toilets are for is beyond me. Crazy story right.
    Happy New Year Honey.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that putting up things from Christmas makes us want to clear out things. I'm feeling that same feeling here. Wish I had the energy to go with it. lol I did get up most of the Christmas stuff.

    ReplyDelete