LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 28, 2013

When the Weather Outside is Frightful ~

We're having an ice storm.  The path of the storm seems to be fairly wide, and we are smack in the middle of it.  It started raining early Sunday morning, then the rain turned to sleet and started freezing on the ground.  The scary part came next:  snow, which covered the ice and made it look "not too bad" outside, until you were actually trying to move around on it.  Of course, I never left the safety of the driveway, staying under the overhand while making numerous trips to the trash cans.  I used the foul weather as an excuse to tackle a couple projects:  I cleaned out my sweater dresser, making one pile for Goodwill and another to try on eBay.  Then I cleaned the fridge.  I try to stay on top of that one but we did have a couple bottles of expired condiments, plus several that had such a small drizzle of stuff on the bottom I decided they were not worth saving.  My sister in law kept me company while I sorted and tossed, and Walker dropped off my donations at Goodwill, then went to the grocery store to replenish our now-sparkling fridge.  We got everyone back home before the ice started coming down.

I can't say that cleaning projects are my favorite way to pass the weekend, but hey, they are necessary and what else are you gonna do when you're stuck inside?  I've got my fingers crossed that my sweaters sell on eBay.  I'm putting whatever cash I make into my shopping envelope, so Miss Diva and I can hit the mall when my yoga girl finishes her trip to the right. 

1 comment:

  1. You are ambitious. I actually spelled it right. I took my compuiter down to factory condition and reloaded it to get rid of AVG. I have most of what I want back on but it was a long process. We had ice and now snow. Closed school's. It is drifting like crazy.

    ReplyDelete