LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Goings On

I don't know where to begin.  I feel like I've been "gone" for weeks.  I don't want to bore y'all with a laundry list of "we did this, then we did that".  Basically, what happened was, a couple weeks ago one of my coworkers decided to stop coming to work. There were only eight of us, and we have staff onsite 24 hours a day in two offices, so you can imagine what happens when we are a person short.  Then some sort of bug went around the other office, so we had sick calls for several days in a row.  Then a couple people had vacation days scheduled.  You get the idea.  I worked a lot of overtime, which I don't mind, in theory, and I can't say no to, cause we went over budget a bit on the remodel.  But things started to pile up at home, which drives me nuts.  I spent last weekend trying to get caught up.  I was only moderately successful.

I don't know if y'all saw the news about the 92 dogs abandoned in Texas, but I have to warn you, it's heartbreaking. Of course the minute I saw this I decided we needed to contact the shelter that has the Cavalier King Charles spaniels and apply for one.  Or two.  Cause, you know, they need a mommy.  Walker did not embrace my plan, but I filled out the application anyway.  Then I started figuring out which part of the yard would need to be fenced and how we could best get these dogs home from Texas.  Which led to the discussion of how Walker does not want any more pets, and my response that I never agreed to a pet-free life. Then the news people did a follow up that the shelter in Texas has had thousands of applications for these dogs, so I'm pretty certain that they won't be calling me.  But the seed has been planted. I want to adopt another fur kid.  We'll have to see if a compromise can be reached on the home front.

Somewhere along the line my mom decided to have one last rummage sale, so we hauled boxes, tables, and small appliances up to Bro's house, as he has the largest garage.  We got lucky with picture perfect weather, and the sale went really well.  So well, in fact, that my mom decided to do it again the following weekend at her own house. This time, the weather did not cooperate.  We went from sunny and upper 70's to cloudy, windy, and somewhere in the 40's.  Not the kind of weather we like to be sitting around outside in, that's for sure.  The rummage salers felt that way, too, and traffic was much slower the second weekend.  So my mom decided, since everything was set up, maybe we should leave it for a week and see if the weather improved.  Yeah, um, no.  I told her we need to wrap this thing up for the year.  Not sure if she'll listen to me or not.  The tables are still in her garage, all set up with treasures for sale.  Hopefully she'll let us take them down today.


3 comments:

  1. I like to think Iris will be my last dog, but when she is gone, we will see how that goes. I do know I don't want any more dogs in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that common sense tells me when Spunky goes, at our age , we should not get another dog. I would never have an outside dog again here in Ne. It is just to many temperature swings and they don't really get to know us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no what a sad story about the dogs. How I missed it especially living in Tx is strange but I do miss a lot of news here latelly with all my chores.
    Hope your one of the ones they call to adopt one of these sweet spaniels. I love them myself.
    You have really been busy and it is hard to blog when so much is going on in your life.
    I too feel bad because I can't keep up with it very well myself. Especially visiting my friends like I want to.
    Hope things slow down for you and you can talk your hubby into another furry friend.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete