LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Medifast & Me

It started with a pair of blue jeans.  Last summer, I lost about 30 pounds. So last fall, when the weather got too cool for capri pants, I needed to buy new jeans.   Smaller jeans.  That part was cool.  But I still had somewhere between 15 and 20 more pounds to lose, so I only bought two pair of jeans.  I figured I would shrink out of them before they wore out, so I didnt want to get more than two.  Guess what?  I noticed a small, frayed hole in one of those jeans yesterday.  Theyre wearing out.  I havent dropped any more sizes, either.  In fact, I gained about 6 pounds during radiation and another couple over the few weeks before my last mammo when I was stress eating all the time.   Ive got at least 25 pounds to go now.  Maybe more.

With that in mind, I went back to what worked for me last summer: Medifast.  On paper, I dont like the idea of Medifast.  Its a program of prepackaged meal replacements, and it is darn expensive.  My ideal plan would be to incorporatereal food in healthy recipes, add in regular exercise, and turn it into a lifestyle.  Um, yeah.  Great on paper but in real life?  Forget it.  I have no time to shop, no time to cook, and no time to look up interesting, healthy recipes that I actually have the tools and skill to cook properly.  If left to my own devices I would eat Cheerios four times a day, take a multi vitamin, and call that good enough.  And, at times, I have done exactly that.  The plus side of Medifast is, its easy, and of course, it works.  For me, it was much easier than I expected, and though I didnt follow the plan 100%, I lost weight.  Thirty pounds in four months.
 
It occurs to me that one reason it worked so well for me could be because I had cancer.  I guess well find out, as Ive ordered another few weeks worth of food.  Im going to give it another go.  Due to the cost, I wont be following the plan 100% this time, either.  Instead of eating Medifast food for the prescribed five times a day, Ill go for three times.  The other two mini meals will be a low carb snack.  Greek yogurt is a favorite.   A hard boiled egg.  Reduced fat string cheese.  Something like that.
 
Anyway – I hope plan to be in smaller jeans by the time I pack my capris away again this fall.  With overweight being a risk factor for breast cancer, I have extra incentive to get to my goal.  I do not want to go through that again.  It’s time to get serious about getting healthy.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I do wish you luck. I have dieted and should do it again I did nutri system and lost weight so fast, and the food was not to bad. Didn"t keep it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud of what you have lost. That is an accomplishment any time.

    ReplyDelete