LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Royalty, Rock, & Roll

Walker and I, with our concert tickets.  We were among the lucky few who got these on the first try.  I wanted to add a photo from 1993, when I saw the same performer with two friends.  We were all dressed up and holding our tickets at our hotel before the show.  When I hunted for the photo, though, I sadly discovered it was in the box of photos that was destroyed in the flood.  There's no insurance that can fix that.

Before the show we went to a fabulous, and I mean FAB-U-LOUS restaurant for dinner.  This is the view from our table.  Pretty, right?  Considering that less than three weeks ago, we ate here and saw this......

things are definitely looking up!  Notice the blossoming tree on the right edge of the photo above?  I consider it a miracle that those blossoms weren't lost to the snowstorm.

While we were eating, we saw these tour buses pass by.  Five of them.  Followed by Ryder trucks.  Three of them.  We knew we were in for a great show.

We were among the first into the venue, but the seats filled in record time.


And then it was time.....Ladies and Gentlemen, fresh from the Royal Wedding, Sir Elton John!

And what a fabulous show it was!

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what artist you were going to see. My first exposure to Elton John was in the early 70's when one of my co-workers rushed out of the vault (a giant, locking file storage area) where we kept a radio on. She wanted us all to come inside and hear some guy singing "buh, buh, buh" (Benny and the Jets)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time. I enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete