LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Flannel & Fleece

Walker asked me to put the flannel sheets back on the bed.  I have some nice, thick ones, cashmere flannel.  Not crazy about the weird green color, but they sure are snuggly.  I  did the closet swap, too.  My closet isn't very big and right now, half of it is full of clothing that I listed for sale on eBay, so I have to keep the out of season stuff in a closet in the basement.  Twice a year I do a full swap, in this case taking the Capri pants and sleeveless blouses downstairs and bringing up the sweatshirts and fleece jackets.  Last winter, for some reason, I wore through most of my heavy winter socks, so I ordered more from QVC.  They have some pretty good ones for a decent price.  Walker likes them, too, but they are already sold out of his size. For some reason, I have no trouble finding mens' thermal socks in the department stores; it's just mine I usually need to order. 


Last weekend I did the final harvest in the veggie garden.  There wasn't a whole lot left besides a small bowl of ripe tomatoes, a couple peppers, and a small bucket of potatoes. I picked the green tomatoes, too, hoping I'd have enough for a pie but I'm not sure I have enough.  When I had picked everything I took down the tomato cages and pulled the plants up.  Now that I'm set for cooler weather, I'm sure the temps will go back up. Seems to be the way it goes.

6 comments:

  1. Have to laugh at your last comment, that is so true. I take the down comforter off the bed in spring and we get cold weather, put it back on in fall and we get warm weather. Yep. But it is good to be prepared because eventually the cold weather will stick around!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put my flannel sheets on the bed two days ago! I need new flannel pajamas, but wow! The prices they are putting on those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't switched over to flannel sheets and down comforter yet, but the fleece and flannel pj's got brought out a couple of weeks ago. I'm like you - two wardrobes, even in the pajama department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of
    green tomato pie
    sounds tasty, though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flannel sheets are so comfy, cozy this time of year, into the winter. I've got mine in place ready to go. Weird colors don't matter, they'll keep you warm. I have a set with bears on them. Not fond of bears, but they were the only flannels available at the time. Looks like your final harvest yielded enough to make something good. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just mentioned to my husband last night about putting the flannel sheets on the bed... Soon, we are going to tough it out for a few more days!
    Because once there on there is no going back until the spring! Thanks for your visit!
    Have a great weekend!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete