LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

In My Garden


The little rose bush that I moved from the back corner of the yard to under Diva's bedroom window has finally bloomed.  I've lived here for six years and have never seen the color of these blossoms before, as this bush has not bloomed in all that time.  If it hadn't bloomed this year I probably would have yanked it in the spring.  It saved itself in the nick of time.  The outside petals have a touch of frostbite, but I think these flowers are lovely anyway.


I thought Diva's roses were the last of the season, so imagine my surprise when I went around the side of the house and found this:


The cooler weather seems to give the blooms such a vibrant color.  My hanging basket, so battered after the tornado knocked it about, is still blooming away.  It's planted with a mix of scarlet geraniums, verbena, and dusty miller.  I haven't been bringing it in at night but I should probably start.


 And finally, a visitor!  This little guy didn't seem to mind being photographed, but while I was crouched down working on my focus I startled a hummingbird, who in turn startled me.  I didn't even see him until he flew out of the flowers and straight for me.  I'm glad my instinct to swat didn't kick in.  It took me a moment to realize what he was.  By then, he was gone.  Fortuanately my butterfly was still posing for me, so I was able to get this shot.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. The butterfly takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What GORGEOUS roses. If only nature would allow them to stay that way. I'm crazy about geraniums too. They last until the first snow flies. However did you capture that butterfly for the lense. Everytime I try to take a photo of one it flutters away. GREAT pictures.

    ReplyDelete