LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scattered

Holy crow, this week has been crazy! We've got our Mall of America trip this weekend, and I'm trying to pack for me and Walker and Diva, make hotel arrangements, and teach Bro how to give Ernie her meds and her subcutaneous fluid. We're meeting my aunt at the mall and her phone is on the fritz, so we had to come up with a plan B to get a hold of her when we get to Minneapolis. Ernie did not care for Bro taking care of her, even though his lap is her first choice for a nice nap. So of course I started to feel guilty about leaving her, then I reminded myself that it is less than 48 hours and she will be just fine.

I spent the first half of the day starting a task, getting distracted, moving on to another task, realizing that I never finished the first task, going back to it only to get distracted again.  I felt like my attention was scattered in a hundred different directions.  I was a bit apprehensive about going into the office when I had such poor focus but of course I had to, so  I did, and I think I was fine. Guess I'll find out if I missed anything when I go back to work on Monday.

There is some stunning fall color along the highway that I drive to work, and I've been meaning to get out there with my camera but the days keep getting away from me. Yesterday I noticed that some of the trees are shedding, so today on my ride in I stuck my camera out the window and snapped a couple shots as I drove by. The photos came out very blurry but I just love the colors and textures in the shots so I'll share them anyway.



Next week will be crazier than this week.  After we get back from our trip Diva has a volleyball game, the boys will be here for their visitation with their dad, and I have to help my mom pack up the rummage sale she's having in her garage.  Next week I have three doctor's appointments and, hopefully, the closing for the refinance on my mortgage.  We went ahead and scheduled that, even though the lender has not yet received the report from my appraisal. We're thinking positively that they'll be ready in a week.  I also have a lab appointment to check the progress of my triglyceride levels.  I have a feeling I'm going to fail that one.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, somebody came to my blog from QVC or something where you mentioned my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the Mall - I got to go there for a couple of hours a few years ago - overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shots of the trees changing color were beautiful. Take a deep breath. Relax and have a wonderful trip. Everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete