LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm Sure Somebody is Laughing

I opened my email account to a big surprise ~ looks like someone has signed me up at Match.com.  At first I thought it was Walker.  I used to tease him that we should both register with an online dating site and see if they put us together.  I wouldn't actually do that.  It isn't fair to the folks who are seriously looking for some companionship to register for kicks.  But I thought it was an interesting idea, to see if some criteria set up by who knows who would decide that we are right for each other.  Or not.  Ahem. Anyway, I realized it wasn't Walker because we were together all day, and because Walker doesn't do more than check his email and pay a couple bills online without help.

I have no idea what my profile looks like but I have a lot of matches.  I would imagine that's a good thing.  I don't know how to get rid of my profile, since I do not have a password.  I could probably contact the webmaster at the site.  Hopefully there is nothing on there that would make me look bad, in case I start job hunting or something.  If I run for president someday this will probably come back to haunt me.  I'm sure I'll make myself nuts trying to figure out who the prankster is.  What I know for sure?  Somebody needs a hobby ~

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, I would have that taken down, pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is interesting that it got set up without your knowledge or permission. Someone definitely hacked into your computer I'm thinking. I think I'd do my best to get it removed and then I think I'd change my password!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would not take this as well as you're taking it! But my husband and I have talked about how fun it would be to see if we were matched up. But after almost 39 years, I guess we'll figure we're a good match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a surprise? Part of me would have been flattered. But then I'd get mad, that someone pulled a fast one on me. Hope you get it resolved. Everything online has a way of coming back to haunt you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name doesn't appear in any of the emails, so I'm not too worried about it. I kind of think someone did this as a prank on someone else. The email address used is one I have never given out. I just use it for when you need an email for an online promotion. So I'm thinking, maybe someone with a similar email address was the intended target......unless someone fesses up, I will probably never know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me wonder what someone might be doing on the internet in our name that we don't even know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get those quite often. Here I am nearly 82 and they want to match me with some one. I think they are harmless as far as harming any serious aspect of your life. Mine goes to all my e-mails and I have 3. They must just send them out to most anyone. They area nuisance though.

    ReplyDelete