LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another Round with the People People

So last week I emailed the customer service manager at People Magazine, someone named Ajay.  Ajay did not respond; however, today I got an email from someone else in the customer service department.  Take a look at what they have to say now: 

Thank you for contacting PEOPLE Customer Service.We are sorry that you wish to cancel your subscription. Our records indicate that your subscription was entered through QSP Inc. Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel orders placed through an agency and so you will need to contact the agency directly with your request. They can be reached at 1-800-678-2673. In the meantime, we will suspend delivery. Since our mailing labels are preprinted, you will receive a few more copies before delivery stops. Please discard these issues or share them with a friend. We hope you have enjoyed our magazine, and that you will consider ordering from us in the future.  Sincerely,

Janice W

Now, it's  becoming clear that these folks are disconnected with reality.  If they'd actually read my email, they would know that I have never received any issues of the magazine I ordered over five months ago.  Yet, Janice tells me that I will receive several more issues and she hopes I enjoyed it.  Um, enjoyed what?  I NEVER RECEIVED IT!  Sheesh ~ why do they not seem to get that???

I've read several articles lately on how the internet is killing the publishing industry.  Maybe it's me, but I'd blame the crappy service before I'd blame the internet.

1 comment:

  1. I may have already told my similar story with subscribing to TCM magazine. Never received it and finally did get a refund, less one magazine that they claimed was sent but was never received. I've had similar problems with Country magazine and Reader's Digest.

    Most, if not all, of the subscriptions sold by students are a ripoff. I've also had problems with their wrapping paper sales. So far the Girl Scouts haven't let me down...

    ReplyDelete