LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Trip to the Trash Bin

The basement project is coming along, though slowly.  I had decided to work on it during the weekends when my nephews visit, since they spend most of their time in the living room, making it more difficult for me to work on the computer.  It felt like a good compromise.  Today, however, I went downstairs to get some wrapping paper for my nephew's birthday gifts.  The wrapping paper is stored in a Rubbermaid tote designed for that purpose, long and skinny with space for rolls and trays above that to hold bows and tape and so forth.  Well, the lid was on tight but I guess not tight enough because all the rolls in the bottom section were damp.  Damp and stinky. Unsalvageable.   No visible mold, but I'm sure it's coming.  I had to toss it all into the trash bin outside before it triggered my brother's allergies. 

So now I'm wondering what other mildewed treasures I might find.  I thought the stuff stored in plastic was safe, despite finding the box of ruined photos.  Now I know I'll have to unpack, look over, and repack ALL the boxes in the storage room.  It can't wait for me to do a little at a time.  We have four large totes, just for Christmas decorations.  Not to mention Halloween and Easter.  And a whole section of shelving is full of boxes of my late father's stuff.  I see a yard sale in my future.  It's time to do some serious purging.

No comments:

Post a Comment