LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Here's What Happened.....Part 2

The clinic I go to uses digital mammography. Can I tell you ~ I do not know what the big deal is. I went to my scheduled appointment, I presented my girls to the technician, they were smushed into the machine for about three seconds, I got dressed and left. No fuss, no muss, no whining. Don't get me wrong ~ it wasn't exactly fun, but it was literally about twelve minutes out of my life. While I wouldn't want to have a mammo every day, I decided I could certainly do this once a year. I felt like a total weinie for avoiding it for so long. The tech told me that a radiologist would read the films and send me a letter if everything was fine. If not, they would call. Walker met me for dinner at a nearby Chinese buffet and then I went to work.

A couple days later, I was outside with the dogs when the mail chick came by. I decided that I would scan my "all clear" letter and blog about the experience, so any other weinies who were avoiding getting scanned might think twice. How awesome would it be to help someone get a scan that might just save their life?

But there was no letter in the mail. Hmmm. Usually the clinic is lightning quick on testing procedures. Well, I decided, the letter will come tomorrow. If there was something wrong I'd have gotten a call by now. I called the dogs and we went back into the house. At the computer, I started logging into my email when I saw the message icon on my cell phone. Playing the message, my heart sank. The radiologist wanted me to call. As soon as possible. Ruh-roh.

No comments:

Post a Comment