LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Here's What Happened.....Part 9

Valium is a wonderful thing. The second MRI, done a couple days later and only after taking two mind numbing little green pills, was a piece of cake. The procedure itself is fuzzy in my memory. I do know that when Walker and I arrived at the hospital, we found my mom in the lobby chatting up one of the retired volunteers at the elevator. She hung out with Walker while I was being scanned. Afterward, I went home and slept for a couple hours.

A couple days later Dr C called with the results: the MRI revealed three satellite tumors around the original cancer. Back to the hospital for more biopsies.

So far, during this process, the waiting has been the worst part. Knowing I have cancer is bad, but feeling like I'm not doing anything about it is worse. Of course, I am doing something about it: the tests are necessary to determine what kind and how much treatment I'll need. Still, sometimes it's all I can do to sit patiently, waiting for the results of the most recent tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment