LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Quiet Day

I wanted to take a shower, so Walker helped me take my dressing off today. The incision is longer than I was expecting, but it looks good. There was very little drainage and I haven't needed any sort of pain medication. I have to admit, after I saw the incision I opted out of the shower. We don't have any extra steri-strips on hand and I was afraid a couple of them might come off - that happened after each biopsy. In those cases I lost a strip or two but the incisions were so small it wasn't an issue. With this long incision, I didn't want to chance it. Walker is picking up a box of strips after work tonight.

I also called the nurse to see about using deodorant. I thought I might need to use a spray rather than a stick. Um, no. The answer is no deodorant at all until the incision heals, and then only aluminum free ones. Great. Since I have time to wait for it, I went online and found some aluminum free kinds at drugstore.com. They're on the pricey side, and the reviews aren't great, but I ordered a couple to try.

The blue dye from the lymph node test is out of my system. I'm glad I was warned that I would be peeing blue, or I probably would have thought I was losing it.

The weather has gotten much colder, so Walker made grilled cheese sammies and potato soup for supper. I still don't have much of an appetite but I'm drinking lots of water and napping a lot, so I'm sure it will be back to normal in a day or two. So far, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment