LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back

Dr C called this afternoon with some test results. I'm negative for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes, which is good news. The bad news is, the MRI showed three additional masses that need to be identified and biopsied. We go back to the hospital the day after tomorrow, which is when we were supposed to be schduling surgery. I'm anxious to get the show on the road.

The first week or so after my diagnosis, I didn't have much of an appetite and I slept a lot. At least, I slept as much as I could considering the schedule of medical appointments several days a week and working every night. After a week or so, things reversed on me. I haven't been sleeping well and I'm hungry ALL THE TIME. Mostly just for junk food, too. I was pretty self indulgent the first couple days but it's time to get myself back on track. I don't want to go into battle all sluggish from sugar and grease and too many reruns of M*A*S*H*.

No comments:

Post a Comment